Instead of a monthly meeting, we are going to have a club brew day. Not sure where yet, but we’ll let you know!
As many of you know, John Prince Park is a distribution site for emergency food stamps for loses due to Hurricane Irma. As a result there will be a lot of additional congestion and activity in the park. We have been in contact with representatives from the Parks and Rec Department and they have issued the following instructions to be used by everyone who is coming into the park for our event.
– Please print the placard linked at the bottom of this page and place it on your dashboard.
– We’ve been given a special entrance to best avoid any congestion: Enter the park from Lake Worth Road. Turn into the park at Lake Osbourne Road and make the first right onto Center Drive. Follow Center Drive to Prince Drive (east) and then follow signs to the Smythe pavilion.
– Show the placard to the deputy at the gate. You will be directed to enter the line of cars entering the park from the far right lane.
– Please note that while this process allows us to bypass the great majority of the expected traffic, there will still be some delay getting to the Smyth Pavilion. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early especially if you are getting there early to help with set up.
– The park has reserved about 80 parking spaces near the Smyth Pavilion for our use. Please leave the printed placard on your dashboard to show that you are part of our group.
If you have any questions, need any additional information or have any problem getting into the park tomorrow, please give me a call on my cell at (561) 385-4281. This number is also included on the placard in the top right corner.
I apologize to everyone for the inconvenience. It’s still going to be a great day and a great event. I look forward to having a beer with everyone tomorrow!
This years Oktoberfest will be held at John Price Park on October 21st from noon to 6:00PM. This year the Hopaholics, Treasure Coast Brewmasters and FLAB will be joining us and camping is available! More info to come.
Tickets are $25. This includes beer and food! 21 and over please!
We are still holding our monthly meetings at Twisted Trunk in Palm Beach Gardens on the second Saturday of each month at 12:00. Come on by!
Entry Window: March 3rd – March 24th
Pre-Judging: April 1st and 2nd
Competition: April 7th – April 8th
This year’s competition will be limited to 350 total entries with a limit of 6 entries per brewer and no more than 2 entries per brewer in any one sub-style. The cost per entry will be $7.00 but as in the past, the first 2 entries are free for all paid club members.
It’s that time again!
Membership renewal is $25.
This year we are taking a hiatus after our 20th anniversary to reconfigure and restructure. We are already planning for 2017 and look forward to your entries!
For 2016, we will be holding several intra-club home brewing competitions. Each competition will focus on one style and will use a single standard recipe.
The beer style for our first competition will be Kolsch. The recipe that we will be using is the clone recipe for Long Trail Brewing Company’s Long Trail Kolsch taken from the North American Clone Brews book. The recipe contains all grain, partial mash and all extract instructions so that brewers from all levels can participate. The recipe lists a couple of yeast options which are all fine to use. We have also secured a good amount of yeast slurry from Tequesta Brewing from their Der Chancellor Kolsch. If you would like to use that yeast, please let me know so that we can get some to you.
Judging for this competition will be held at our March meeting which will be Saturday, March 12, 2016 at Twisted Trunk Brewing. Each competition entry will require three 12 oz. bottles however, all entrants are encouraged to bring extra so that all in attendance can try your delicious brew. Prizes and undying adulation will be heaped on the winner. You must however, be a paid club member for 2016 to participate.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, just let us know.