As many of you know, John Prince Park is a distribution site for emergency food stamps for loses due to Hurricane Irma. As a result there will be a lot of additional congestion and activity in the park. We have been in contact with representatives from the Parks and Rec Department and they have issued the following instructions to be used by everyone who is coming into the park for our event.
– Please print the placard linked at the bottom of this page and place it on your dashboard.
– We’ve been given a special entrance to best avoid any congestion: Enter the park from Lake Worth Road. Turn into the park at Lake Osbourne Road and make the first right onto Center Drive. Follow Center Drive to Prince Drive (east) and then follow signs to the Smythe pavilion.
– Show the placard to the deputy at the gate. You will be directed to enter the line of cars entering the park from the far right lane.
– Please note that while this process allows us to bypass the great majority of the expected traffic, there will still be some delay getting to the Smyth Pavilion. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early especially if you are getting there early to help with set up.
– The park has reserved about 80 parking spaces near the Smyth Pavilion for our use. Please leave the printed placard on your dashboard to show that you are part of our group.
If you have any questions, need any additional information or have any problem getting into the park tomorrow, please give me a call on my cell at (561) 385-4281. This number is also included on the placard in the top right corner.
I apologize to everyone for the inconvenience. It’s still going to be a great day and a great event. I look forward to having a beer with everyone tomorrow!